Dr. Likun Zhang
Office: 1032 NCPA
Phone: (662) 915-5656
- I am looking for motivated undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and visiting scholars to join my research group.
- Ph.D., 2012, Washington State University
- M.S., 2008/07, Washington State University/Nanjing University
- B.S., 2003, Nanjing University
- 2016- : Assistant Professor, The University of Mississippi
- 2015-2016: Research Associate, The University of Texas at Austin
- 2012-2015: Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Texas at Austin
My interests lie in the inter-disciplinary research on physical acoustics and fluid dynamics. The research take a combination of experimental, computational, and theoretical approaches to study problems in the areas of physical oceanography, ocean acoustics, and physical acoustics. My current interests include:
- Ocean waves and acoustics (internal waves, surface waves, sound propagation through a fluctuating ocean);
- Physical acoustics (radiation forces and torques, vortex beams and singular acoustics, and acoustic metamaterials).
- Link to Google Scholar