The admissions requirements for our physics programs are the same as the general admissions requirements for the university. Admission of entering freshmen is based on the submission of an application (the university’s application or the Common application), completion of the required units of the Mississippi College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC), high school core grade point average, and either an SAT or ACT test score. Prospective students can work with an admissions counselor for help through the process. More details about admissions requirements can be found on the UM admissions website accessible at the link below. Links to information about our degree programs are also provided and you are welcome to contact us directly if you have questions about our department and degrees.
- The University of Mississippi admissions website: Learn about admissions requirements and apply online
- Find your admissions counselor
- Meet our Physics Student Ambassador who liaises with prospective students for the department
- Important dates
- Explore the Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Explore the Bachelor of Arts in Physics
- Get more details about our majors, minors and scholarships. Learn what you can do with a physics degree