Dr. Likun Zhang
Office: 1032 NCPA
Phone: (662) 915-5656
- Ph.D., 2012, Washington State University
- M.S., 2008/07, Washington State University/Nanjing University
- B.S., 2003, Nanjing University
- 2016- : Assistant Professor, The University of Mississippi
- 2015-2016: Research Associate, The University of Texas at Austin
- 2012-2015: Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Texas at Austin
We take a combination of theoretical, experimental, and computational approaches to conduct inter-disciplinary research on physical acoustics and fluid dynamics. Current research interests include:
- Ocean waves and acoustics (internal tide energy, seismic oceanography, underwater sound propagation);
- Acoustofluidics (radiation forces, torques, and orbital angular momentum);
- Acoustic metamaterials.
- Link to Google Scholar
I am looking for motivated undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and visiting scholars to join my research group.